Monday 4 October 2010

Long noses and proportions - always bloody proportions

I am getting things out of all proportion.   This nothing new for me - well yes it is actually.  Instead of crashing into a pit of melancholia brought on by the afore mentioned proportionality I am, in,fact, talking about my drawing.

Over the past few days I have been trying to capture this poor soldier's likeness and each time I have been failing.  This is not to say I am dissatisfied with the result, far from it, it is just that the face in not in proportion.   I have tried all manner of techniques yet nothing seems to work.  Clearly I need to work at this even harder.  The part of the portrait that is throwing everything off is the nose.  I don't know why but I seem to be only capable of drawing someone with an elongated nose and face.   It really is frustrating - GRGGHGRH!
 

Simon Marchini LRPS

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: