Tuesday 7 September 2010

Another hour or so - things are shaping up a little more

It really is useful to take your time with these things.  I've now worked on Linda for another or so and things are starting to come together.  This doesn't mean I am happy with what I have done but I have yet to develop the cold blooded skill of junking whole sections of a painting - there is far too much work and emotional attachment with these things.  However, it will come - after all I am ruthless with my photographs.  But not just yet.

It really is a useful learning process to complete another section and then look back on what you have done.   This encourages an iterative approach and allows plenty of time to reflect on how things are going and change things, hopefully for the better.  This really is the best way to learn, do, reflect, identify improvements and do again.  I seem to remember talking about such matters when I was a trainer - may that was a long time ago!

Anyway she is coming along - not sure where to but that is part of the fun.
 

Simon Marchini LRPS

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: