Saturday 4 September 2010

Working hard at getting better

It has been hard work day today. I know this depends on your definition of 'hard work' but I have worked hard. I was up at the crack of dawn slaving over the iPad trying to improve my technique. I think I have shown signs of improvement but there is a long way to go. Then it was out into Charnwood forest working on a photographic project I have in the back of my minds called Deep Time. I selected a really interesting are to capture and then, well I made some drawings or sketches which ever you want to call them. I have had an idea of trying to combine a photograph with a preparatory sketch - hardly original I know - but it seemed to be a good idea at the time. We'll see whether time agrees with this. So now to go and work on the photographs I captured this morning - it really is interesting combining drawing with photography - the combination slows me down and gives me time to really look at a shot and consider exactly what I want to do with it.

Sent from my iPad

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: