Sunday 19 September 2010

Variations on the Long Goodbye

As a new artist (well I can't think of better noun) one of the frustration I have felt is that when produce some work in the real world there is no Undue button.  Of course the more you draw the more you realise that this has its advantages as well but I still find myself looking for the undue button.  Clearly I have spent far too much time working with computers!

An off shot of this is that it can be very difficult to try new ideas without recreating the drawing.   However, moving a drawing from the real to the virtual world means that you can experiment to your hearts content.  The attached illustrates this.   Having moved the drawing into the digital realm it is filtered by the software it passes through - each adds its own flavour until you reach Photoshop.  Here I find the options are almost limitless and at times I really don't know which I like best.  No problem.  A few right clicks and you can keep copies of the variations as here.  I really don't know which I like best.
 

Simon Marchini LRPS

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: