Saturday 18 September 2010

Turning the virtual into actual - Animal Tryptych

I know I have bee in my bonnet about this but I do feel that an awful lot of digital content will, in time, be lost for numerous reasons.  This is why I am trying to keep a real record/copy of some of the things I am producing.  This is taking the form of books and prints.  Now the things may be of no value to anyone other than me but they still need to be saved in a form that is not at the whim of changes in format/compatibility etc.  I am of the generation that remembers laser diskBetamax or more recently HD DVD.  Now I am not saying that TIFF, JPEG or RAW files will go that way in the near future but one day?   

I am now starting to print my digital art and keep that in a scrap book.  No doubt in the near future I will produce a book for the same reason.   It is wonderful to view such things on a screen but it doesn't replace the joy of seeing something in the real world.

Simon Marchini LRPS

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: