Monday 20 September 2010

I'm Henry the eigtph I am

One of the advantages of working with a digital image is that you can correct mistakes you may have made.  I know I have already written about this but it does allow for more experimentation as well as the afore mentioned correction fluid.
 
Henry is a case in point.  The original drawing was far too long in the face.  Now I could have redrawn - something I may well do anyway - but before I did that I scrubbed it through Photoshop.  Suddenly I was very quickly able to correct the error in my proportions.  However, I was also able to learn about the fault, to see just how far out I was and how I might correct it in the future.  An interesting learning aside as well as covering my embarrassments.

As for Henry himself I suspect he is one of the most recognisable faces in the world which isn't bad considering he has been dead for nearly 500 years.  Of course, for this, he has Hans Holbein  to thank.  My attempt at copying Holbein's genius is a very pale imitation.  Of course it does make you wonder what such artists would have made of the latest digital technologies?  This is a question we will never know the answer to.

Simon Marchini LRPS

Posted via email from SIMON's posterous

No comments: